Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day


I love this holiday because it's the "kickoff to Summer"! This is probably the first Memorial Day weekend in years that I did not celebrate at the beach. I guess that's just part of working in retail, as I told my husband as he left for the beach Friday morning without me! Oh well, it's my dream, not his. I guess "being supportive" only covers so much. Not that I'm complaining... I'm certainly willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make this business work.

4 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Happy late Birthday to you, I hope your day was special. Happy Memorial Day, too!!

PAT said...

Hi!

I've just discovered your blog at Elizabeth's blog.

Your shop is wonderful! I'm not a shop owner, but enjoy visiting shops like yours! Best wishes for your success!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Mom2fur said...

I wish I lived where you have your shop. You sure have some beautiful things! My bil owns an ice cream and candy store here on Long Island, so I know what you mean about making sacrifices to have your own business. In the long run, though, I don't think he'd trade it for anything. I wish you tons of luck! Although, once people know what nice things you have, I don't think you'll need any luck!

Janice said...

Hi Becky - I just discovered your blog through "OurRedDoor"....

Congratulations on your beautiful shop.... You've had the courage to do something I've always wanted to do... I wouldn't begin to know where to start !!

Wishing you all the success in the world.... You truly have beautiful items set in a whimsical manner...

Such a charming shop - I'm sure you'll be most successful....

I post on several decorating sites - I'm going to give them a link to your blog and store....

janice