Friday, May 25, 2007

The Power of Blogs





Wow! I had a very pleasant experience earlier today. I got to meet someone from the "blog world" in person! Carol (http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com) and her husband were traveling from Georgia to NC for the weekend, and having seen my blog just last week, recognized the store when they were driving by. Fortunately they were not on a tight schedule and were able to stop and visit for a little while. It really blew me away when she told me that she had seen my blog, especially since she lives in Georgia. I would expect that local people might see it and stop by, but she lives seven hours away! So that really goes to show how powerful and far-reaching this thing is. It turns out that two of Carol's three children graduated from the same college as me...Georgia Southern University...and Carol currently has a retail space in Georgia, and used to operate her own storefront. What a small world, and how wonderful to be able to connect to it this way! Thank goodness for technology! I should have taken Carol's picture to post, but I wasn't thinking of it at the time. So instead, here are pictures of my favorite "arrivals" this week.

3 comments:

Carol Bennett said...

You're so sweet! I'm so glad we stopped, you have a precious shop and I've already started "spreading the word" to my NC friends about how cute it is!Good luck to you.
Carol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

BellaColle said...

AWH! How neat! wish I could visit! continued good fortune to you !

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hello! I just found your blog through Carol's.

Love your lamps!